Sunday, January 4, 2009

Today we met with Cath and Brent Hendrickson from Blaine, MN. They adopted 2 children from Ukraine. It will be going on 7yrs from when they traveled. Their kids are wonderful preteens enjoying the life in America. I asked their daughter Julia what she enjoyed the most living in America( other than Mom and Dad), her comment was everything! She warmed my heart !

One thing that has been very helpful to us is the support system that has been created from the new people and from the oldies who have adopted through the help of Cathy Harris. A private website has been created for all of us who have been waiting, those who are in Kyiv now, and for those who have adopted already. Each day we get several emails of people sharing their stories and giving guidance and help. As far as our visit today we had a great time. The Hendricksons made us feel very welcome as if we had always known them. Their kids are wonderful and they made a great influence on our children- only to reinforce them that adoption is a great way to go. Thank you Brent and Cath for your hospitality! Brent we enjoyed hearing you speak Russian . I will work on trying to roll my R's. :)


Just for fun-some facts you may or may not know about Craig and I. After each post I will try to enter a new one.

  1. I love to shop antiques, shopping in general. It's called retail therapy:)
  2. Craig has been a Fireman/First Responder for almost 20 years.

3 comments:

Susie Nettleton said...

Craig & Gail,
I'm glad you enjoyed your meeting. I know you will miss Collin & Tory. But just think how much fun it will be when you get home with a new sister for them. Well, keep us posted.
PS. Still trying to figure out my camera. I'll skype you when I figure it out or I get a new one.
Susie

Anonymous said...

Yep! You figured it out. Thanks for changing it so we can post anonymously. Keep blogging!
Cath and Brent

Kathy and Matt said...

Great to meet all of you last night! We are so excited for you as you prepare to depart, and we'll definitely be following your posts.

Collin and Tory are great kids and I'm sure they'll have fun at Grandma's. Being away from them will be tough, but the Skype and phone calls will help tremendously.

You seem very well prepared and have done all your homework. You've got a great attitude about this, so we wish you all the best on this journey.
Kathy & Matt